Do you lose erection during sex? Wait, do you consider lost erection to be a health concern? Well, it may not be a health concern at all. Lost erection is a common problem and fades away itself but if it does not, that might be the time to get a solution of it.
Lifestyle changes and some medications will help if you are more often losing erection during sex. Find out what is actually causing you erection problem and how making some changes will help you get rid of it.
Why do Men Lose Erection?
There may be several reasons why a man loses erection during the intercourse. Well, the most common ones are emotional and physical causes of lost erection.
Men may sometimes have this problem because they are tired, anxious or must have taken excess alcohol. Or it can also happen because of the performance anxiety most likely to happen with young men.
On the other hand, lost erection can happen because of some sexual disorders like erectile dysfunction (ED) which needs medicinal consideration. In general, when you undergo poor erection while sexual intercourse almost regularly, you have to discuss it with your doctor.
The repetitive problem of ed during sex not only spoils your sexual relationship but also affect the psychological health. See your doctor and ask for some medications or method that help you get rid of your lost erection.
There are 2 types of causes that result in erectile dysfunction or losing erection during sex
Erectile dysfunction does not only happen because of physical causes, it can also be a reason of some emotional imbalances. Basically, it’s all about your mind-erection, lasting during intercourse and even ejaculation.
If you are psychologically stable, you can hold your erection with no effort. On the other hand, when you feel unstable and can’t focus on a particular thing. It more likely results lost erection during sex.
- Depression: It is one of the main reasons why one experiences lost erection during intercourse. The sense stimulation depression results lost erection.
- Stress: It has always been a major reason of many health concerns whether it is mental or physical. Stress does not let your mind focus on something and get you into a nostalgic situation. So this situation affects your intercourse as well.
- Performance anxiety: Performance anxiety is a fear of not performing well during the sexual intercourse. It makes men uncomfortable and cause sudden losing of erection.
These emotional causes are the most commonly addressed factors to cause ed in men. There may be other factors that may also cause the same.
Physical causes are more likely the common disorders a person may have. These common disorders seems to not affect the sexual health but have a straight impact. Erection relates to the blood flow and things affecting blood flow will ultimately affect erection.
- Obesity: Not only erection problem, obesity causes other health concerns as well. The excess fat and carbs in your body may have a adverse effect on the blood circulation. Obesity may also be a reason of low sexual stamina.
- High blood pressure: Like said already, any health concern related to blood flow will impact the erection. The same way, high blood pressure will affect the erection. More the blood pressure is, less it will be held in penis and you will quickly lose erection.
- Hormone imbalance: Hormone levels can also be the reason why you lose erection during sex. Low testosterone levels not only cause the erectile problem but also lead to premature ejaculation.
- Diabetes: Diabetes is also one of the major reasons why one loses erection during sex. Diabetes stimulates the blood flow and do not let it hold in penis hence losing of erection.
- Heart disease: Heart disease can also be one major reason why one loses erection during sex. In heart related disease, the blood flow is more likely to reduce which ultimately causes ed.
- Smoking: As already mentioned, stimulating the senses can have an adverse effect on erection. Smoking is one of them, it manipulates your senses and may result losing erection. It is also a cause of low sexual stamina.
- Alcohol intake: Just like smoking, alcohol intake is also one reason that causes losing erection during sex. Erection is more connected to your mind than body. Until your senses are in your control during sex, you can maintain erection else it gets tough.
Erectile dysfunction or lost erection can also be a cause of side effect of some medication. There are some medicines and drugs that may result losing erection during sex. Medicines used for blood pressure, heart problems, and mental health conditions may affect erection abruptly. Antidepressants and steroids have the same effect on erection.
Does Losing Erection Means I have Erectile Dysfunction?
Not always. There is nothing like if you lose erection, it indicates you’re having erectile dysfunction.
Losing erection during sex can be a result of emotional issues, physical issues or combination of both. To know the exact cause of why you are losing erection during sex, it is good to see your doctor.
Your doctor may also prescribe you some medications or lifestyle changes to help you get rid of erectile dysfunction or losing erection during sex. If you end up knowing you are undergoing erectile dysfunction, there are FDA approved medications for this as well.
Viagra is one of them. Being able to relax the blood vessels to let the blood flow to the penis and ultimately drive a firm erection. Viagra (sildenafil citrate) 200 mg works as an PDE5 inhibitor which helps promote cGMP to hold the erection during sex.
Does Losing Erection Mean I am not Aroused?
Not exactly. It is not always the reason of losing erection during sex. There is no doubt that it is one of the reason why one loses erection but it is not always the case.
Emotional causes can also be the reason why one loses erection during sex. Losing erection does not always mean you are not sexually aroused in any way. Performance anxiety is one major reason why one loses erection even after he is sexually aroused.
The anxiety of not performing well sometimes make one lose his erection during sex. This psychological problem should be discussed by the doctor and come up with solution.
What to Do if I Lose Erection?
Well, this is what the actual point is, how do you cure losing erection during sex? Well, you can. Just adapt yourself to some lifestyle changes and improve your mental health.
- Follow healthy diet: As strong you are physically that good you will perform during sex. Following a healthy diet will help you get physically stronger and ultimately help you during sex. Adapt to foods rich in nutrients, vitamins and all.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol: Smoking and alcohol block the senses and do not let you attain an erection during sexual intercourse. As said, psychological health is one of the major reasons why one may lose erection during sex. Avoiding smoking and alcohol intake will help you stable your psychological state and help with erection.
- Ensure emotional health: Emotional health is one thing that ensures almost everything during intercourse. Like not only erection but holding the erection and ejaculation, everything depends on your emotional strength. Making yourself psychologically stronger will help with erection during sex.
Following the above points will help you get rid of losing erection during sex. As already mentioned, erection is psychologically more related in comparison to physical. Well, it is not like physical health does not matter, it does, in fact both does. Through, psychological causes have a more intense effect.
The best way to ensure both the physical an psychological factors is to follow a proper diet and avoid stress and most importantly performance anxiety. Performance anxiety is one of the major problems in young men that causes ed or losing erection.
Fixing both your physical and psychological issues will result a firm and lasting erection during sex.
Well, after going through the discussion of why does one lose erection during sex, it is concluded that it is the cause of physical and emotional imbalance. We also discussed how you can fix the problem of losing erection while you have sex that is to follow a diet, avoid alcohol and smoking, and ensure emotional health. As explained in the content, psychological health plays a vital role in maintaining one’s erection so it is good to be focused on that. Losing erection is not always a serious issue, you can fix it with some medications and lifestyle changes.